Are You A Successful Single or A Struggling Single?
This quiz is designed to give you an indication of the level of success you are experiencing with your single life? Please take a few minutes to answer each question honestly. Circle the answer that most accurately describes you right now. It is very important that you are honest so that you can get an accurate indication of the degree of success you are experiencing with your single life. The numbers after each answer are to be used in the scoring process. REMEMBER BE HONEST -NO ONE HAS TO SEE THIS BUT YOU AND GOD!
Is the number one goal of your single life to get married?
Yes (1) No (5)
- Which of the statements most accurately describes what you do when you get lonely?
- Go to the mall and spend money (3)
- Eat and watch television or videos (3)
- Have sex or involve yourself in other types of sexually stimulating activity (masturbation, internet pornography) (6)
- Call someone and talk on the phone or some other activity (2)
- Get sad and depressed (5)
- Spend time in the presence of God. (1)
- I don't get lonely (1)
- Which of the statements most accurately describes your sexual drive?
- Out of control (5)
- Burning with unfulfilled passion (4)
- Present but under my self-control (1)
- Which of the statements most accurately describes your ability to hear from God?
- I frequently recognize His voice and respond to it with obedience (1)
- I never hear Him talking to me. (5)
- I get confused, sometimes and can't tell when it's God, the devil or me I hear talking to me. (4)
- I didn't know God could talk to you. (5)
- Which of the statements most accurately describes whether you know what your purpose and specific assignment are that you are to accomplish for God?
a. I did not know I had a purpose and specific assignment. (5)
b. I never asked God. (4)
c. I asked God and I am still not sure. (3)
d. I know what it is but I don't want to do it. (2)
e. I know my assignment and I am working on accomplishing it. (1)
6. Which of the statements most accurately describes your finances?
- In debt and drowning (5)
- Living from paycheck to paycheck (3)
- Rising toward financial freedom (2)
- Debt free and blessing others (1)
- Which of the statements most accurately describes your frame of mind during a wedding ceremony?
- I secretly envy the bride and groom (5)
- I go home and cry myself to sleep because it makes me depressed because it is not me (5)
- I don't attend weddings (5)
- I praise God for his goodness, pray for the couple and trust God to bless me in my season. (1)
- Which of the statements most accurately describes how you feel about doing activities alone - such as eating in a restaurant, traveling? (activities normally done by a couple, family or group of people.)
- I can handle it but prefer not to do it (2)
- It doesn't bother me at all (1)
- I would never do it (5)
- Which of the statements most accurately describes what you would do if you found out that you would never be able to get married?
- Commit suicide (5)
- Become depressed (4)
- Accept it as God's will and seek God's purpose and plan for my life (1)
- Which of the statements below most accurately describes to what degree you will go to have a relationship with the opposite sex?
- I will do whatever it takes (5)
- I will compromise my standards on sexual purity and dating (5)
- I prefer to wait until God brings the right person to me and I am content without a relationship until such time (1)
- Which of the statements below most accurately describes how you feel when you are the only single with a group of married couples?
- I don't permit myself to be in that situation (5)
- I am miserable and try to leave as soon as possible (5)
- It is uncomfortable, but I tolerate it (3)
- I rarely notice it. It doesn't bother me at all (1)
- Which choice best describes how you feel about your single life?
- Miserable and mad (5)
- Desperate and devastated (5)
- Anxious and angry (5)
- Anxious and worried (5)
- Accepting and content (2)
- Satisfied and successful (1)
- Which of the statements most accurately describes your number one purpose for marriage?
a. Provide me with a sexual partner so I don't have to feel guilty about having sex (5)
b. Provide me with someone to fulfill me and make me whole and complete (4)
c. To enhance the life of the person that I am marrying (2)
d. To demonstrate the relationship between Christ and the church (1)
- Which statement most accurately describes the impact you are having on the kingdom of God?
a. I did not know I could have an impact on the kingdom of God because I am not married. (4)
b. I'm more interested in getting married than I am in having impact on the kingdom of God. (5)
c. I really don't understand what you mean you say "impact on the kingdom of God." (4)
d. Some, but not has much as I want or I believe God wants me to have (2)
e. I am very productive and fulfilled by how God is using my life to advance the Kingdom of God. (1)
15. Which statement most accurately describes the condition of your physical body?
- I am out of shape and overweight and eat more junk food than healthy food. (5)
- I workout on a regular basis, my weight is within normal limits and my diet is healthy. (1)
- I struggle with my weight, exercise and eating healthy but I am fighting the "good fight of faith." (3)
This last question is for single parents only.
- Which statement below most accurately describes what you believe is your most important responsibility as a single parent?
- To find a spouse (5)
- To better myself (5)
- To raise my children (1)
To find out how you did on this quiz. Look at the response you gave each question and take the numbers next to each response and add them together. Take that number and use the chart below to determine your level of success at being single.
15-16 Congratulations!!! This is a perfect score either you did not answer the questions honestly or you are an excellent example of a successful, satisfied, faithful and fruitful single adult.
17-30 You are well on your way to being a satisfied and successful single. Keep up the good work!
31 - 45 You are a work in process, continue to seek God, His purpose, plan and power for your single adult life
> 45 You are a struggling single and need help immediately before you miss God's destiny for your single life. Begin by reading the article on this website entitled: "Are You A Successful and Satisfied Single or A Struggling and Miserable Single?" and order the teaching series from our online store: "Why In The World Am I Single Anyway?"