History and Mission. Singles Pleasing The Lord (SPL) was established in 2002 with a radio program on a local Christian station and has grown in the last 11 years to a national media broadcast reaching up to 29 million viewers. The organization has grown from one volunteer in 2002 to one full time employee, three part time employees and a volunteer staff of about forty men and women that carry out the mission of the organization.
The mission of SPL is to impact the lives of single adults at various life stages by preparing them for purposeful single living and strong marriages that build and produce healthy communities.
Services and Programs. SPL offers a variety of services and programs that impact the lives of single adults including workshops, seminars, conferences, outreach opportunities, leadership development and discovery of purpose activities. All of these have a strong biblical base designed to meet the basicand spiritual needs of the single adult community.
Organizational structure The Founder and Executive Director is Debra Adebayo. In addition to Debra the governing Board is composed of four other individuals that have a wealth of experience and education in organization management. The majority of the Board members hold MBAs or other Masters Degrees and several have held or currently hold managerial positions in organizations. One of the Board members is a single parent small business owner. The organization has one full time employee, three part time employees and a volunteer staff of about forty men and women that carry out the mission of the organization. SPL currently has four main divisions that include media (TV, radio, social, website, print), administration, education (conference, seminars, workshops and accountability groups and outreach (missions trips, serving the needy and underserved such as single parents and orphans).
Key Achievements and Goals
- Participating in educating thousands of single men and women across the United States in developing intimacy with Christ, developing and maintaining sexual and emotional purity, financial management, successful single parenting, discovery of purpose and marriage preparation through our media and education programs
- Educated approximately 350 single parents and provided over $15,000 financial support in the form of gift cards and toys to needy single parents that participated in the single parenting educational program.
- Annually provide spa services to single moms at Mother's Day to refresh and encourage them.
- Took a local radio program for single adults and turned it into a national television program reaching a possible audience of up to 18 million viewers. This program is the only one like it geared totally toward ministering to the single adult community, inspiring, educating and transforming their lives.
- Mobilized single adults to find purpose and fulfillment through reaching out and helping other underserved populations through hosting single parent workshops, dance-a-thons to raise funds to feed hungry children and providing educational supplies for needy inner city children.
- Conducted a medical missions clinic providing medical services to over 600 indigent men, women and children that had no other resources for health care in Nigeria.
- Visited two orphanages providing food and other basic necessities
- Conducted a sex trafficking awareness event educating the community on how this hideous crime is impacting the Chicagoland area
- Participated in a ministry event to sex trafficiking events providing gift bags and testimonies of Jesus healing love in conjunction with a local ministry that serves sex trafficking victims
- Raised funds through a Bowl-A-Thon and established The Elizabeth Ann Mukes Scholarship Fund